Friday, March 15, 2013

Bakersfield Pageant 2013

Tonight my sister-queen, Shana Smith, and I will be making an appearance at the Bakersfield Pageant with our California crowns atop our heads. This is special for several reasons. First and foremost it's special to us both because six months ago we were crowned as the California representatives here in Bakersfield, CA! It will be so surreal to to sit in the audience watching the Bakersfield girls shine with our California sashes on. Secondly, and just as significant, is that I was born and raised in Bakersfield and this is the pageant and director that sparked my passion for pageantry. It was seven years ago that the Miss Bakersfield crown was placed atop my head. As that sash was being draped across my body I realized that perseverance and hard work do pay off! That was the day that I realized that I could do anything that I put my mind and heart into! That crown led me to many successes in life, including my most recent accomplishment of being crowned Miss California. I hope that the ladies on that stage tonight realize just how significant the journey that they are on truly is. Big things are coming their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment