Thursday, October 4, 2012

United Blood Services

On September 26, 2012 I was given the opportunity to meet with Michael Johnson (Donor Recruitment Manager) and Mary Ann Bittle (Donor Recruitment Representative) from United Blood Services at their brand new and beautiful office in Santa Barbara regarding ways in which I could use the Miss California crown to help promote, recruit, and fundraise for them. I am looking forward to joining them at their larger blood drives in the near future, and throughout my year as Miss California International. After our meeting we took a few photos for use on their social media sites followed by the most important part of my visit… my blood donation! The staff was exceptionally gracious and welcoming! They truly know how to make blood donation a pleasant experience. After my donation I had the opportunity to hangout with the staff for a bit and discuss pageants, Big Brothers Big Sisters (my platform), and then they were very interested in seeing my crown up close and a few even tried it on. It is so heartwarming when I am able to share the story of where I came from and the person that I have become because of it, and excite people who were previously unfamiliar and skeptical about pageants on how wonderful they can be. Prior to leaving, I had some of their delicious freshly popped popcorn in their remarkable new cantina area and then upon their request I took a few photos with the staff. United Blood Services has THE BEST staff! Huge thank you to UBS of Santa Barbara for making my experience so memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment