Thursday, October 4, 2012

Big Brothers Big Sisters of Santa Barbara

On October 3, 2012 I met with the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Santa Barbara’s marketing committee including Scott Whiteley the Executive Director, Bonnie Pack the Program Manager and a few other staff members from their development team. In the beginning of our meeting I was able to share with them my personal story of the profound effect that my mentor had on my life and the confidence that she instilled in me, followed by my current experience of mentoring my ‘Little’ and the differences and improvements that I’ve witnessed in her. I was then able to give them a little insight into the International Pageant system and explain how our focus is on commitment to our communities and why it is so important for me to give back in the form of mentoring because of the impact that it directly had on my life. We then discussed fundraising events and recruitment strategies and we now have a few ideas to begin exploring. This may just be the beginning, but this is a big step in the right direction. I am extremely excited about this new partnership!

I love that BBBS included me in their October newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment