Sunday, September 8, 2013

Exactly 1 year ago today, that crown was placed on my head


Exactly one year ago from today at this hour I was anxiously awaiting the moment that I would take the stage with hopes of making my dream of becoming Miss California International a reality. Months of hard work, sweat (literally), anticipation, tears, accomplishments, prayers, and polishing all led up to this day, to this opportunity, and to those 2 hours that us contestants would share the stage;  only one of us would walk away with a crown and an opportunity to continue on the journey to becoming Miss International, but all of us would walk away with new friends, more confidence, better public speaking and interview skills, and memories that will last a lifetime. 

My walking away with that crown was nothing short of a gift from God and the beginning of a journey that I'm still so lucky to be on. The Teen and Miss California Int'l pageant directorship is switching hands this year and as a result the pageant was moved to February of 2014. This girl gets to spend a year and a half as Miss California! 

I still wake up everyday with a need to pinch myself to prove that this dream that I'm living is reality. I may not have won that large, over sized crown at the International pageant, but that doesn't one bit discount the amazing work that I've been able to do, and will continue to do as Miss California. So many doors have opened this year for me, particularly with Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. I'm proud to report that I am officially a Big Brother's Big Sisters of America celebrity ambassador! 

I hope that I've made California proud this year so far, and I plan to spend the remaining 5 months of my reign working just as hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment