Saturday, December 15, 2012

My VERY FIRST parade.

December 8, 2012 I experienced my first parade ever as a titleholder, and what a cool experience it was to do it as Miss California.  Prior to the parade starting I took pictures and signed autograph after autograph for little girls and at that moment I thought that would be the highlight of being in a parade. As we turned on to the first stretch of the parade though a middle-aged woman yelled, "Oh my gosh, look! Miss California is here!," and the elderly male who was with her stood up and said, "Thank you SO much for being here!" I was in disbelief.  I've never felt more blessed to be in the position I'm in. Having never been in a parade as a titleholder prior to this experience I didn't quite know what to expect. I thought perhaps little girls and adolescent boys would be excited to meet Miss California, but never in my wildest dreams did I think that so many adults would appreciate my attendance so much.  This will positively be a memory that will forever live in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment