Monday, November 12, 2012

Another successful meeting!

On October 22, 2012 I was given the opportunity to meet with Marni Cooney, Co-President of the Marketing and Development Committee for Family Services Agency/Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Christina Pizarro one of the committee members. I can’t even begin to tell you how impressed I was with their enthusiasm for Big Brothers Big Sisters. We spent a couple of hours getting to know one another and brainstorming ideas for marketing the program. We came up with so many wonderful ideas including setting up an information booth at the downtown Santa Barbara farmers market once a month, getting involved with the student body at UCSB, posting volunteer info in the “Lighting the Way” section of the Santa Barbara newspaper, and having me appear on the Mayor’s radio talk show. I am incredibly grateful for Marni and Christina’s eagerness to help me help the program flourish by using my title as a microphone to share my passion for mentoring!

No comments:

Post a Comment